Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Sep 8, 2006, 11:34 PM   #1

This is my first post. I have decided to buy a Sony DSC W30 from a reputable eBay seller and would like to get a telephoto lense for it. I read here that Digital Optics lens were bad, so I won't buy them. (They were a good deal.) What is the best deal for lenses and filters for this camera? I don't want to pay a lot (<$200).

On a side note, would a DSC S600 or the DSC W30 be better, they are pretty much the same. I know this question usually belongs in another section, but I want to reinforce my decision.

Thank You

Well, I found two that Sony makes that I really like.

These are them:

Since Sony makes them, they both should be good correct? And since it says they are compatible and doesn't mention an adapter, they just attach to the front end without any extra parts?
AZflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2006, 9:33 PM   #2

I have the 1730 Lens from Sony. Picked it up for $50 from Sony's website. Great lens. Very sharp and clear. The only downside is the limited zoom. In hindsight I would have gone for the 2630. It would have mave been more effective. Also with the add-on lens the camera will be much more susceptible to "Camera Shake" so be sure to hold the camera steady and/or use a fast shutter speed.
Juice_22 is offline   Reply With Quote