Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jun 4, 2003, 6:38 AM   #11
Default Re: use a tele extender without threads on the camera?

C.K. The center portion of a converter is always better than the corner area. This is the reason in your images (and my images at the 2500 site) the corner area is not sharp as the center one.

ANSWER; The beauty of digital photography is that one can experiment with positioning the lens of the converter in two dimensions and get the results immediately from the LCD display whereas with film one has to wait for it to be developed.

C.K. I am not aware of such an adapter for your Fuji, It could even be more problematic because compact cameras such as your Fuji have telescopic lenses that could extend out. This makes making an adapter very difficult. It is almost a camera-by-camera case.

ANSWER: Yes it is. The company that makes these adapters might not make one specifically for the F 700, but if they don't what I intend to do is the following: Buy the one that comes closest to fitting in front of the Fuji lens when fully extended, then adjust it vertically downward by the use of spacers (washers) between the lens mount threads and the adapter, and adjust it horizontally by drilling a new hole along the shaft of the adapter.
rmorrill is offline   Reply With Quote