Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:51 AM   #1

:?I have canon A1 film camera with multiple lenses and flash. in Very ggod conditions and would like to use on any new canon digital camera . I f any one knows any converter etc.

nalinsoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2006, 5:06 AM   #2

For Canon EOS (Autofocus) to FD (Manual Focus) adapter which will allow you to use (MANUALLY ONLY I believe) your FD lenses on EOS Cameras, try http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ype=osi_widget

Not sure about using your old flash guns on EOS cameras as you do not say which old flash you have, suggest you do a search on Google or similar including details of your flash gun. I just did, obviously without the details of flash gun and found this which might be useful.

kriptone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2006, 1:21 PM   #3

WOW.... I looked everywhere for something like this. Every camera (high end) store said no way that an adapter was available.

I to have the A1and all the excellent Canon glass that goes along with that system.... I guess they wanted to sell me new. I really don't care a hoot about auto focus... in fact I hate it.

I will definitely look into this again.

One thing that was mentioned is that the rear element has a different coating on digital lenses as the CCD element is more reflective and if not dealt with, contrast will be an issue. If this adapter has glass inside, maybe this will not be an issue.

Has anyone tried this combo..... I feel a purchase pending based on this.
bill soper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:02 PM   #4

From what I have heard though, the quality really suffers using these adaptors. I guess if it is not too expensive it would be worth a try.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:03 AM   #5

Yes that would certainly be an issue..

One more limiting factor may be the ability to focus a manuallens on a camera design for an auto focus one. There would be no internal "range finder" or focusing aid. You would always have to look for a high contrast subject on the same focal plane... not very convienient...!
bill soper is offline   Reply With Quote