Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jun 27, 2003, 8:03 PM   #1
Default canon A-70 bag ( to handle all accessories)

I am trying to locate the additional lens options for my Canon A-70. Already I know I need the adapter and have a few options on zoom and wide angle lenses as well as UV screw on filters. The little bag that I have seen recommended on the forum for my camera will not fit all these accessories. Does anyone have the A-70 and a full line of accessories. If so, then what bag to you use and what list of accessories would you recommend. It would be great if someone had a web site that had everything available stock .
Salt'N'Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2003, 10:29 PM   #2

I can't help you with the specifics of what camera bag fits your camera. But I have done rather extensive research on bags in general. This is what I can say:

LowePro make very good bags. They care about padding, access and weight distribution. Many of their bags are meant to be carried for hours and hours without being uncomfortable. I would seriously consider something made by them.

I have heard good things about the Domke brand as well. Not as much as LowePro, but still... they are worth considering.

No matter what you choose this is how I would shop for a bag. Call around to photography stores in your area. Ask them if they have both brands out on the floor so you can examine them. Then bring all your stuff and go there. Try out the bags... put all your stuff in them and put them on. Make sure it fits and is comfortable. If the store isnít happy with you doing than then I'd say they really don't want your business, because that is how you should shop for a bag. There is no better way than to load it up and try it out, everything else is just a guess.

I know that is what I'm going to do this Sunday. I really need a better bag.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2003, 10:35 PM   #3

Thank you, I agree with the lowepro cudos. Today I purchased a small Lowepro bag that fit my camera plus a few extra batteries and flash cards nicely. I, however, was not thinkink of the accessories that I have yet to buy. No way will anything like that fit in the little bag I just purchased.

I will go the the local camera store and try out bags. I really like the Camera Stores like Ritz, but was unable to get the camera I wanted from them....they were backordered so long. No local store , including Ritz carries any of the lens for my Canon A-70 either. I guess it's not a pro model....that's why. It is still frustrating though...I wish there were someone local to talk to and buy from.

Thank God for the online forums.
Salt'N'Lime is offline   Reply With Quote