Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Mar 3, 2007, 5:05 PM   #1

I have two old lenses (a fish-eye and a wide-angle lense) from an Olympus C-2020 Z digital camera, that now longer works.
Is there any adapter that I can buy that will allow me to use the old lenses which measure about 37mm (correct me if you have a C-2020 Z and I'm wrong) with the Sanyo Xacti HD1A.
The Xacti has about a 34/35mm diameter.
Remember that the Xacti doesn't have a thread for screwing a normal step-up ring into. It only has a space for putting the lens on.
I have been going crazy looking for an adapter that would fit the criteria. Any help is appreciated.
antonow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2007, 10:33 PM   #2

First of all you should just hold your Oly conversion lens in front of the HD1A by hand, to make sure that the optics are compatible (vignetting, distortion) and it is worth any possible modification to the camera. I guess you would have thought about this and done this already. You also have to know the exact diameter (mm) of your Oly conversion lenses to find the right step ring.

I understand the HD1A conversion lenses have a sleeve that fits onto the protruding part of the camera lens. If you are a handyman (I am not), you may make a sleeve (plastic, metal) that fits snugly onto the HD1A protruding part, just like what the sleeve of the manufacturer's conversion lenses does, and glue on a step ring with male (grooves) that fit your Oly conversion lens. The internal diameter of the new sleeve is more important than the thickness of the sleeve (but I guess the thicker the better to secure the step ring). The sleeve should also be of the exact length so that the step ring comes as close to the front of the HD1A lens as possible.

I guess this way you do not fit anything permanently on the camera, and you can still use the manufacturer's original conversion lens in the future if you wish.
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote