Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Mar 4, 2007, 11:17 PM   #1

I just added a page on the Olympus TCON-30 3X lens to my FZ-30 user guide. Since the FZ-30 and FZ-50 use the same set of lens accessories, the information on this page apply to FZ-50 as well.

If you have a FZ-10 or FZ-20, you may need a 62mm adapter. I also tested the lens successfully on Nikon Coolpix 8800. However, the Sony R1 is a bit tricky because the camera lens extends when zooming. If the camera lens fixed to 120mm, one sees a bit of vignetting and is usable.

Image quality issues are not addressed on this page and will appear in another page sometime later. I do have many test images; but, these images are not good enough for me to draw sound conclusions.

As always, high power converter lenses have lower resolution, lower contrast, and more chromatic aberration. This TCON-300S is no exception. Hence, if you put image quality as the most important factor, please stay with 1.7X lenses.

Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500/5700, Panasonic FZ-10/FZ-20, and Canon A95 User Guides
shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:38 PM   #2

Thanks for the information, always good to read your reviews. I am looking forward to reading your follow up report later. I don't know that I will be buying the TCON-300S but it is always good to know how good a lens is and it's short comings. I am using the FZ20 with the TCON-14B, great lens.

mebareit is offline   Reply With Quote