Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old May 29, 2007, 12:29 AM   #1

I recently attached a UV filter (by Konica) to my Kodak Z612, more as lens protection than anything else. Outdoor shots are not affected as I still get clear, sharp and true-life color.
But indoor or shots in the shade requiring the flash to go off usually end up with some haze, usually at the top part of the photo, specially if there is some amount of sunlight shining on the subject from the top.

Anyone have some explanation for this? I am thinking of just throwing away the UV filter if this condition cannot be corrected.

bayani is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2007, 8:04 AM   #2

You may be getting flare caused by reflections off of the filter mount/mount threads or the threads on the adapter. Look for shiny surfaces in those areas.

You might also be getting reflections from the shiny lens barrel and the filter although, in theory it shouldn't too much of an issue if the filter is multi-coated.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 11:04 PM   #3

I did not hear lens hood mentioned which is mandatory for all zoom lenses. No filter is going to solve the problem of ambient light. I would use this camera without a filter quicker then without a hood.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote