Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jan 13, 2008, 1:21 PM   #1

Does anyone have any experience with the lenses below for the Fujifilm S700? I'm getting the camera soon, and I want to pick up some telephoto, wide angle, fisheye, and close up lenses. Advice is greatly appreciated.

seisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:29 AM   #2

In bygone years I have been disappointed with Opteka add-on lenses. However, I have been fairly impressed with Raynox's add-on lenses which are available from many vendors; you will needan adapter tube in addition to the lenses: http://raynox.co.jp/english/digital/egfujis602.htm

I have been quite pleased with their products on my Sony P&S cameras, including the F828, particular with their DCR250 Macro Lens.

Nonetheless, if you are going to make a big investment in add-on lenses for a point and shoot in order to explore different photographic realms, you will ultimately understand the need for a dSLR. Even from my long-before-digital film days, an add-on was no substitute for the proper lens ... and SLRs and dSLRs are the real answer.
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 5:47 AM   #3

If you are going for an add on lens Fuji makes them for the S700. Im betting theirs will be the most accurate for picture quality.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:11 AM   #4

I use a Fuji 700 allot and have been experimenting with lenses. I have gotten some great shots with the fisheye and wide angle. Since the 700 has the macro setting and zoom capability, I have seen little difference using the telephoto lens or macro lenses (so far). Any suggestions on these lenses would be appreciated by me, also.
airborne7395 is offline   Reply With Quote