Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Mar 6, 2010, 10:10 AM   #1
Default lens mount

I have a Vivitar 90-230mm f4.5 close focusing automatic TX zoom lens. I am about to purchase the new canon EOS Rebel T2i EF-S. Instead of also buying a new zoom lens, I woyuld like to use my old vivitar. Does anyone know which adapter/mount I would need and if so, where to purchase one? Thanks.
rosenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2010, 2:59 PM   #2

The Vivitar TX mount was available for most of the different camera mounts. You may be able to find an adapter at KEH.com, or Adorama used or B&H Photovideo used. I don't think these are made any longer. As I recall, they were manual focus, but allowed aperture control by the camera.
What camera is the lens on (or made to fit) now? If Canon, you may be able to use it with your new camera as is, but no autofocus.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:56 PM   #3

The Vivitar/Soligor/Tokina T4/TX was discontinued before Canon introduced the EF mount, so you're not likely to find a TX to EF mount. You could try to make one (See http://www.ganymeta.org/~darren/phot...conversion.php ) but TX lenses won't support autofocus (duh) or autoexposure.

Your Vivitar 90-230mm f4.5 isn't a bad lens, but a Tamron 70-300 Di LD 1:2 Macro will probably work as well or better, will support autofocus and autoexposure, and it's a bargain at $165.
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote