Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Feb 23, 2004, 2:30 AM   #11

Don't forget also that FZ10 has OIS.
See: http://www.dcinside.com/graphic-info/fz10_04.htm

Big zoom, excellent colour rendition, OIS, light weight, perfect for outdoor photos.

Poor low light focusing, slight vignetting at full wide angle sometimes and noise above ISO 100.
Famo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 10:37 AM   #12

The sad fact is that while these "Ultra zoom" cameras provide good results up to a 35mm equivalent of a 650mm lens it is currently difficult to go beyond that. It is also difficult to adapt these cameras to other optical devices, either telescopes or microscopes. There are some adapters available but they alone are several hundred dollars, such as the $360 Scopetronics MaxView Plus, and even with this who knows whether there might still be some vignetting?
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 11:51 AM   #13

I was just noticing that there is mention of the Lumix f2.8 v the Nikon with TC having 4.5, but I don't see anything about ISO in these posts. I know the Panasonic goes up to 400, but a 2.8 at 400 be pretty much equivalent to a 4.0 at ISO 800, or is the noise of the higher ISO on the cheaper cameras a deterrent?

I was looking at the Panasonic until I read about the Minolta Z2 and for shooting sports where the IS doesn't help I liked the Minolta burst of 10 pix per second (for 1.5 seconds) compared to the Panasonic burst of I think 5 or so?
azpatrick2000 is offline   Reply With Quote