Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Sep 10, 2013, 1:28 AM   #1
Default Cokin "Snap" vs: A or P series

Cokin now offers a "Snap" filter system intended for the smaller system cameras like the m4/3 I use. It is mentioned being based on an older series "A".
The "Snap" kit includes the holder, adapter, and 2 filters I don't need, where I can get an "A" kit with the grad ND filters and a 52mm adapter and have what I want.
Every lens I have or will use is 52mm thread. 28mm equivalent is my widest, but an18mm to 36mm "is" a possibility.
Is there any particular reason to avoid the A series? All the ND's and ND grads I'm likely to use are available.
I'm not familiar at all with this type of system, but I am interested in the smallest, most compact system or I know I won't use it. I've no interest in any other camera system for the foreseeable future, so planning ahead is not an issue.
My only interest is in the use of the various graduated ND's. I'll probably get all six available.
If there is any issue, it could be vignetting at wide angle. Cokin describes the A as suitable for 36mm and the P for 28mm, but all the CSC models are 28mm and Cokin is promoting the "Snap" system with the A filters for the CSC's.
Any ideas, suggestions, background?
BBbuilder467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:13 PM   #2

B&H is my usual go to store.
They have the base A series kit, a holder with 3 grad filters

So does Adorama

I most cases you need to buy the adapter ring separately in the size you require.

Imaging is all about light and your ability to sculpt it.
Equipment is just a secondary nuisance.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote