Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old May 23, 2004, 6:57 AM   #1

I am an amateur and have no idea about lens quality. I am wanting to get a wide angle lens and a telephoto lens (2x) for my A1. I have been looking on Ebay and there are those rather inexpensive package deals that says they are for the A1 with both lens together for around $80.00 and they throw in this and that with them. I also know Minolta makes a lens for around $169.00 for the dimage. I know so little but wanting to learn so much!!!! Has anyone tried any of these??
kmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2004, 8:55 AM   #2

Check at some of the reputable on-line dealers first (B&H, Adorama, B-300.com, etc) to see what's out there. And then look at E-bay to see what's available and at what cost.

Generally, the inexpensive lenses (Opteka, "titanium", etc) are not worth the investment. Here's a link to a similar discussion -

I have an Olympus B-300 (telephoto add-on and predecessor to the TCON-17) and an Olympus WCON-07. Both are excellent lenses. Raynox also makes a good lens and has a wide variety to choose from. There are others. Steve's Forums (right here!) is a good place to check if you're not sure of the quality.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your A-1 - it's a great camera!

Paul in NoVA
Olympus C-730 B-300 WCON-07
plg3 is offline   Reply With Quote