Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jul 21, 2004, 11:24 PM   #1

Hey i'm kinda new to filters for digital camera, but basically i've been quite happy with my casio QV-R40 digital camera, but I would definitly like to try out some of the filters that are out there since the result seems to make a big difference. anyway, i was wondering does anyone know if there's an adaptor for casio's QV-R40 camera? I've seen adaptors for Canon 400 digital camera which looks almost the same size as the QV-R40, but i need confirmation on whether it could be used on the QV-R40 or if there's even other universal adaptor that could fit on any digital camera. Thanks
zenas_lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2004, 12:00 AM   #2

It's not a question of wether size, it's whether threads are provided for a filter tube adapter which goes over the lens, screws into the body, and provides a standard filter thread. Unfortunately the site I use for info is down right now, so I can't post details.

There is another option from Cokin which attaches a magnetic mount to your camera, but that's for their lightweight tele and wide angle converters only.

For now you can play and just hold a filter in front of the lens, but if you seriously want to get into filters you should look into a camera that can accept a tube...if there's a Casio forum here (or maybe DPReview.com) ask fellow Casio users if they have any suggestions.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote