Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Oct 4, 2002, 9:23 AM   #1
Default Nikon 995 and Spotting scopes

Can anyone direct me to some reviews on modestly priced spotting scopes? Or their experience. Have a 995 with 2x tele converter. Have looked at B-300, Crystal-Vue and Eagle but would like something more powerful without spending a fortune.
Thanks much
Disregard the post . I found all the info. I should have looked more closely before I posted

[Edited on 10-5-2002 by ppc Flyer]
ppc Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2002, 2:12 PM   #2

You might look at my topic "Digiscoping on the Cheap" at:
www.jayandwanda.com where I detail out my experience with a $59 LOMO 14x40 scope and my 995.

For better quality and still not spending a fortune, the LOMO Astele 70 is looking good. I just received mine yesterday and started taking pictures today. So far, It seems like it wil make a very good basic scope. But I have a bit more testing to do.

My LOMO Astele 95 takes very good pictures but is more expensive and bulky. I understand that the Meade ETX-90 (a very similar scope) also does quite well.

Look at my bird images under the "Jay's Bird Pictures" link and in the Photography menu, you will find some resolution tests with the LOMO 95 and 14x40 Captain.

BTW - I'm not affiliated with LOMO or any retailer. I just got curious with their line of scopes and had a pretty good experience with the very inexpensive one and figured the more expensive ones would be even better.
wturber is offline   Reply With Quote