Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Sep 11, 2004, 10:47 AM   #1

Hello. I am about to get a video camera and i have narrowed it down to the canon zr 85. I also want a fisheye lense but somebody told me that you need a step up ring to get one for the zr series. i don't know anything about video cameras so could u please explain this to me and tell me witch lense to get (im pretty sure it's a 2.8 mm) . thank you
therandomskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2004, 1:02 PM   #2

A little off topic for this site (covers digital still cameras) but here's some basic advice...

What you need to know first is can you attach lenses to your camcorder, and you need to know what thread diameter it is. Also it could be that your camcorder doesn't have a thread.

Then go to a site like http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/video/egvideoindex.htm

This is one manufacturer's lenses...converter lenses are specified by an "X" or multiplication factor...this will give you more tele or more wide angle (including fisheye lenses).

Some lenses have a range for different size threads...as long as your camcorder falls within the range, then you don't need an adapter. Other lenses include the rings with the lens. If the lens you want doesn't fall into these categories, then you need an adapter which you can get at any good camera store.

BUT FIRST you need to find out if you can indeed attach lenses to your camcorder, and what diameter thread it is!
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote