Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:58 PM   #1

Hi All,

With the advice and help from people on this site, I purchased a 6490 from eBay. I have manage to take some really good Football Shots over the past few weeks. Last week I took my camera to the Cheerleading competition to take shots for a PeeWee football league website.

I was majorly dissapointed with the results. I tried a number of setting, yet still I had very poor results. Blurry and Dark Photos mostly with occasional average shot.

Does anyone else use this camera for indoor sports (volleyball, basketball, etc.) I so, what setting should I start with for best results.

Kelly Burns
kjburns31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2004, 5:36 AM   #2

You could write hundreds of books on sports photography...actually, they have been written and they're all at the library.

Sports, especially indoor sports is very hard to capture with a consumer digicam, the biggest issue being shutter lag. I suggest going to Google.com and typing in SPORTS PHOTOGRAPHY TUTORIAL and you'll get lots of tips.

If you don't understand things like "try to keep your shutter speed 1/focal length of the lens" and terms like "increasing ISO", suggest you start here for some basics which will help you get into the advanced stuff:
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote