Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Nov 19, 2004, 10:23 AM   #1

I have a Minolta Dimage 7Hi that I enjoy a lot, but lately I was thinking of buying a telephoto and a wide angle add on lens, just to experiment. I don't know much about add on lenses, and the only ones I found that are made by Minolta are the ACW-100 - Wide Angle Converter lens and the ACT-100 Telephoto Converter Lens.. In the mean time, on ebay, there is a very attractive offer for Titanium Super Wide Angle 0.45X, 2X Tele Photo & Filter Kit made by Merkury. I read from many posts that some of these "good deals" actually sell less than good lenses, but I couldn't find anything about Merkury. Does anybody know anything about these lenses?

Thanking you in advance for any help given.

andreea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2004, 11:42 AM   #2

I don't know anything about those off-name lenses, but you generally get what you pay for. I bought the ACT-100 from Digital Photo Club here: http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/pr...p?id=964591514

It's a great price & I've bought several things from them over the past few years with excellent results. They are one of the "good guys" to deal with who are located in Brooklyn (that can't be said for most)!
Old Nov 19, 2004, 12:38 PM   #3

For tele, I bought an Olympus TCon-17, the successor of the famous B300, after taking advices from experienced people here. Very good optics. The only weak point in the use with my D7i is the ensemble is a bit fragile; the lens is relatively heavy on the D7i lens.
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 2:33 PM   #4

Hi Andreea,

Welcome to the forum,

You may be able to find a B300 on Ebay.

Occasionally, you will see them there.

Two years ago there were going for $200+.

Now, when you can find them, they are often under $100.
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote