Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Dec 16, 2004, 8:51 PM   #1

I am looking for a wide angle converter that will work on my current camera (DX6490) as well as on my planned upgrade (Sony V3). I would like it to be sharp and functional throughout the zoom range (or at least throughout the V3 4x zoom range). Both these cameras have their own proprietary WA lenses, but they only work at wide angle.
I have been researching this subject and have found out that the Olympus WCON08B works nicely throughout the zoom range of a Canon G5/G6 (similar focal lenghts as Sony's V3). This is definitely the bulkiest option. I have also read that the Raynox 6600 works through the zoom range of a G5/G6 but is soft at the wide end... And finally I ran into this comparative test of a variety WA converters on a Panasonic FZ1 (in Japanese):
He did test the Raynox HD7000Pro and it does seem to work well at both the wide and tele ends, but the crops are not HiRes and would like to know whether any of you have tried it and whether it is sharper than the 6600Pro at wide angle. Raynox claims for this lens higher resolving power than for the 6600; what does confuse me is that, despite the better specs, the 7000Pro is listed as a videocamera WA adapter while the 6600Pro is listed as photocamera WA adapter.
Thanks for any responses

jnrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links