Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jan 14, 2005, 2:03 AM   #1

I'm looking for a small/medium digital camera that would be wide-angle. One possibility seems to use the Cokin magnetic 0.5X lens.

Has anybody any experience with this tool ? Image quality (it would be wonderfull to see a 2Mpixels or more image taken with 38mm original lens and the 28mm equivalent image taken with the same camera using the additional lens) ? Solidity of the system (no problems after removing many times the cokin from the lens ?)

Many thanks for your answers.
PP11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2005, 8:09 PM   #2

Wide Angle version (x0.5)

Useless, it's better to find another digicam that can be extended w/ suplied ad on lens from the same brand name. I was trying to use this lens w/ my Ixus V3 ,this lens only can widen the view, but not maintain its quality. The picture was suffering, especially at the perimeter of the image (extracted) and looks so soft.

Tele version (2x)

This lens can work very well and give better image compared w/ wide angle version, alhtough we can see grainny image and looks so soft too.

I advise you to try first on your local camera shop to check its compatibility issue before bought this lensand don'tonly trust oftheir suplied compatibily chart.Don't check on your digicam LCD monitorbut use computer monitor.

Attached Images
rtog is offline   Reply With Quote