Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jan 21, 2005, 11:37 PM   #1

Hello All,

I own a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1. I wonder if there is anyone out there who knows if I am able to add a wide angle lens to this camera and what is the best value for money lens.

Thank you for any response that I am about to receive.
farieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2005, 11:53 AM   #2

Hi Farieh,

Greetings from Jakarta. :-)Well, actually I'm in US now. Regarding WA lens for your DMC-FZ1, I'd suggest you to check this website:

As far as my concern,Raynoxhasone of the best WA lens in the market,DCR-6600PRO 0.66X. It has very minimal image distortion compared to other wide angle lenses. In eBay the price is about US$100.

ForLumix cameras, Panasonicalso sells WA lens even though I'm not sure ifthey have one for your model. However you should check this website:

It's a review for PanasonicDMC-FZ20, but it has alist of add-on lensmade by Panasonic. I'm not sure about the quality compared to Raynox lenses, but the price is much higher. Its WA lens costs US$320 and only has 0.8X zoom capability. Raynox has 0.66X zoom capability and lower price.

I'm sure there are more brands that have WA lens that can fit your camera. Maybe the others from the forum can help you more. Hope this helps.

cartiano is offline   Reply With Quote