Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jun 21, 2002, 3:26 AM   #1

Default Adaptors?

I'm not sure if I can put this question in the lenses-department, but here it goes;

Lot's of digital camera's need an adaptor before you can put on lenses. It's logical that you need a 37 mm adaptor for a 37 mm lens.

What I don't get though, is how you know what adaptor fits on your camera. I assume the camera's themselves do not all have the same size of threads.
If I wanted to order from a catalog, how do I know which adaptor fits on the camera I (could) have?
suzieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2002, 10:35 AM   #2

Hi SuzieQ,

I think the easiest way to get the threads for add-on lenses would be to buy the adaptor from Kodak (your next post indicates you have a Kodak Dx series).

The adaptors are designed to specifically fit certain body shapes etc, so you would want to choose an adaptor that says that it is designed for whatever camera you have.

Visit www.photosolve.com they make/sell a whole heap of gadgets for digital cameras, including their own lens adaptors (metal instead of Kodak's plastic) and zoom lenses. I am not sure if they have a lens adaptor for your model of camera, but it might be worth checking the site, and emailing the guy to see if anything is available.

Good luck with it,
Elia
Sotterraneo is offline   Reply With Quote