Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jun 21, 2002, 4:16 AM   #1
Default Kodak lenses

Does anyone know if only kodak lenses fit on the kodak adaptors for the DX series?

You can't buy those anywhere but with the kodak-dealer, and they are pretty expensive.

So, if anyone knows if other 37 mm lenses (tiffen, raynox?) will just fit on the adapors just as well, I'd be very happy

[Edited on 21-6-02 by suzieQ]
suzieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2002, 10:42 AM   #2

Text Yellow
Hi SuzieQ,

What I forgot to say in the reply to your other post:

I am almost 100% certain that you can use other lenses on the Kodak 37mm adaptor.

I have the DC4800 and the Kodak 43mm adaptor, and any lens with a simple screw thread and the right diameter fits fine (filters as well).

The only downside to the Kodak adaptors (as opposed to a third party one) is that they are plastic, so easier to ruin the threads, and also maybe they will not support a heavy lens as well.

You sound like you are picking out a camera to buy, right?

Sotterraneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2002, 2:28 AM   #3

Thank you very much for your anwsers, Sotterraneo!

And I just wish I was picking out a camera, but unfortunaly I dont have the money to even start thinking about one.

I'm working on an assigment that has to do with camera's & accessories, and I needed to know the details on the whole lens-buisness. (which is quite hard to firgue out when your an absolute rookie, trust me)

I think I actually do have most of the picture now, thanks to (among others) you. Thanks you!
suzieQ is offline   Reply With Quote