Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Feb 20, 2005, 2:03 PM   #1

Can anybody advise me on 2x converter as seen on EBAY,Will it have problems with vignetting,etc if fitted to my new Panasonic FZ20. Cheers Trevor.
seitag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:48 AM   #2

Dunno about that specific lens. I know if you back off the zoom on my 1.7x it will vignette. You might also do a search on the quality of the lens.
Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:29 AM   #3

Trevor -

Generally speaking, the add-on lenses available on e-bay are not that great a quality. Names like "Titanium", "Digital", etc, just don't inspire a lot of confidence, in spite of what the dealers say. Problem is basically a poor image. Check further below in this forum (Add-On Lenses) for additional discussions.

Olympus, Sony, and some Raynox lensesaregood add-on lenses. I've been recommending the following siteto get an idea of quality and what to expect from an add-on lens -- Pemaraal On-Line ( http://www.b-300.com/index.html ). I've bought two Olympus lenses from them and was exceptionally pleased with their service.

Hope this helps.

Paul in NoVA
C-730 B-300 WCON-07
plg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:59 PM   #4

I just got a Raynox 1.54x Pro to use with my FZ20 today. I'm very pleased with it. I posted three pics I took today on the Panasonic forum.I should note also that these were taken on a very cloudy day with very slow shutter speeds.

I got it from Tristatecamera.com for $129.00. Also need the Raynox 5264P adaptor tube to make it work with the FZ20.

bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:28 AM   #5

Wow, impressive! Seems confident for weighing one ounce.
Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 11:25 AM   #6

Check out the following website

He has done some good research for you already. Make sure you look at both sections covering both panasonic and the other manufacturers. I have the panasonic lens and I believe it is worth the extra $. I believe this website will also support my feelings.

I don't post my photos, but during a recent college softball game, I managed a 5 shot burst that stopped a hit softball from rotating just in front of a fielders glove. It was hand held, ISO 100, 1/1000 shutter, and fulloptical zoomwith the DMW-LTZ10. I also managed a few shoots with a 1/1300 shutter during the day.

Isn't sunlight great!
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote