Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Mar 16, 2005, 11:54 AM   #11

THANKS! NZMACRO! YOU DA MAN! EUREKA! THAT IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR EXACTLY!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Gorgeous! I will probably follow your suggestions religiously and buy one of the 100mm lense deals. Hell, I'll duct tape it on if I have to! I knew these cameras could do this! Once again, thank you very much for having the patience to read and respond. Now if I can only hold real still. Oh and NZMACRO, If you would like an absolutely gorgeous print up to (42" wide X ? Length) of a couple of your shots send a CD or I can supply FTP info and I'll fire them off for you on my big printer if you'd like. No cost to you. Hell I'll even ship them back in a tube! Strangely enough my mom and step father are traveling in New Zealand right now, and my sister just competed in a triathlon there. She married a Kiwi and they live here in Santa Cruz Ca.Matt Barclay is the guys name. Anyway, if you want a print, email pictrolla@sbcglobal.net. I'll send my address etc.... You will love it guaranteed. PS I can scan film. THANKS FOLKS! Very appreciated!
ZERO-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 6:00 AM   #12

The ant shot is excellent how far away were you from the ant to get the shot?

Looking at getting a SLR lens and trying this on my Kyocera M410R, this has 10x zoom should be interesting!

Just wondering what to go for, also got some old filters with glass removed so I can make my own extension tube, to bring the reversed lens very close to the camera lens. This does make an improvement when using a +4 close-up, as the supplied adapter tube is a good 4mm from the front of the camera lens, at full zoom. Using myempty filters as the extension tubehas bought the +4 close-up lens to within 1mm from the camera lens.

As I have read you have to be very close to the subject which is no good when things are moving so really need advice on the best SLR lens to go for.

IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote