Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Mar 30, 2005, 5:25 AM   #1

I recently upgraded my digicam status from Canon Powershot Digital Elph S200 to the Canon S1-IS as I've become sick of trying to take "real" pictures with that little thing. I really know nothing about cameras and lenses and whatnot, so I need advice.I'm interested in getting a bigger lense (wide-angle I guess) to use with my new camera, and was wondering what I should look into. I'm pretty sure a wide-angle is what I want. The guy at the store tried to show me some lense that was supposedly made for this camera or for similar digicams or something(?), but I didn't bother looking at it much because he was being annoyingly pushy. I think he demonstrated the same lense on some camcorder, and it made the picture wider, took in a lot more light, andseemed to make it better at macro.I think that'swhat I want from an addon lense.....I don't really need a telescopic lense, Ithink. Is there a lense(s) specifically made for this digicam and is the only one that can be used with it, or what? Is something like this what I want? Although this (WC-DC52A) is the only wideangle lense i've found online so far that specifically says it's made for the S1-IS. Is that the only one I canget for it? I've looked at other sites and there seem to be differentversions of the lense that look different (color, length, and widthat the end). I'm confused.

Thanks for any advice.
dwb122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:05 PM   #2

go to www.lensmateonline.com/buy5.html , you can see photo samples, etc for lens that are compatible for S1
bayoubooger is offline   Reply With Quote