Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old May 18, 2005, 3:41 PM   #1

Where is the best place to buy Raynox Lenses?

Also, I live in Canada, so does anyone have a good canadian site for purchasing Digital Camera Equipment?
ksaccary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2005, 5:07 AM   #2

I bought a lightly used Raynox from Amazon.com. They don;t always have what you are looking for (similar to eBay) but it's worth a try. Just for your information, I had the Raynox 1.54x converter and was quite disappointed with their screw-on threads. I purchased the adapter (which is a nice lense tube protector or filter holder in it;s own right) and screwed in the lense. I barely moved around at all with the camera and lense when the lense fell off the adapter. I was REAL lucky that the lense itself wasn't damaged but the plastic threads were damaged. Fortunately the adapter is metal, aluminum I suspect, and those metal threads were essential in straightening out the damaged Raynox threads. I nearly never used the adapter again after that and have since sold my Raynox.....

The Raynox website links you to a couple of retailers but you may want to try bizrate or one of the other on line price search engines that often show up in Yahoo searches. Just search on Raynox and you should see a few links such as this....
Old May 21, 2005, 2:21 PM   #3

Try http://www.edmamarketing.com/dc.htm. They are located in Markham Ontario and are the Canadian distributors for Raynox lenses. All things considered you are safer buying in Canada just in case there is a product problem . The US prices are good but after postage, duty and taxes you don't save that much.

Sting is offline   Reply With Quote