Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Aug 7, 2005, 3:36 AM   #1

I want to use filters with my S602. I have looked at adaptor tubes and found there are many different sizes: all are 55mm at the barrel end but at the other end the width varies. Is there a standard? Should it stay the same (55 - 55) or maybe increase or decrease?

Can anybody tell me what the best way to go is. I suppose it depends if there is a standard size for attachments??

Hoping somebody can help.

DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2005, 4:57 AM   #2

Hello Dom,

The following site may be of interest: http://www.camerafilters.com/pages/a...tubesfuji.aspx

I would recommend you to either remain with the 55/55mm adapter tube or see if you can get one that offers 55/58mm for attaching filters, additional lenses, etc.

I may be wrong but I think you will find more goodies available with a 58mm diameter than 55mm. Taking it the other way i.e. less than 55mm will most probably cause considerable vignetting to occur.

Good luck!

Cheers - Herman
hauer54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 7:33 PM   #3

Try to get one that is 55mm both ends.If you get smaller,you will have to get a step down ring, if you go bigger you have to get a step up ring.Going smaller causes vignetting problems.Hope this helps.

cock3tail is offline   Reply With Quote