Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Sep 28, 2005, 6:11 PM   #1

I have a Canon Powershot A80 that I love, but I am wondering if there are any lenses that I can buy that would add something that I can't do on Photoshop. For example, I can sharpen the clarity, and adjust the color and light on photoshop, but I can't fix the zoom any farther than the camera goes.

Are there any lenses worth buying for the A80? I was thinking maybe a lens with better zoom, but would it really make that much of a difference? I would be interested in hearing about a wide-angle lens, if anyone could tell me about that.

I'm new to this, so thanks so much for any input you can give!
LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2005, 5:53 AM   #2

Since the A80 and A95 use the same adapter tube and lens accessories, please refere to my A95 Info Page for more details. I did not wide angle and telephoto lenses online. However, with adapter and rings discussed on the Info Page, you would be able to use virtually ALL Nikon lenses made for the infamous Coolpix 950/990/995/4500 series cameras, which include Fisheye, WC-E42 and WC-E68 wide angle converters, and TC-E2 2X and TC-E3ED 3X teleconverters. These are perhaps the best converter lenses for small diameter digicams. In addition, you may also use some monoscopes such as CrystalVue 8X, Kenko 6X, Kenko 6X, EagleEye 5X, etc. For the lens details, please refer to my Coolpix 4500 user guide. BTW, a space would make images sharper.

Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500/5700, Panasonic FZ-10 and Canon A95 User Guides

shene is offline   Reply With Quote