Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Feb 1, 2006, 6:35 AM   #11

xedrox wrote:
I also want to use a polarizing filter with the HD-6600, but i'm reading different recommandations on the net. What to do?

Put the filter between the fz5 adapter an the HD-6600 or a 72mm in front of the HD-6600? I read that that causes vignetting.
Both ways can equally well cause vignetting.
Especially for wide angle converter it's important to have it as close to camera's front lens as possible because moving it farther decreases size of input pupil... you can visualize it by taking cardboard tube of toilet paper roll and looking through it while moving it farther, FOV gets smaller the farther you move it.
Same way putting any filter to front of wide converter forces it to look through "tube".
Actually many high quality brand converters doesn't even have filter threads because makers know that adding almost any kind filter causes vignetting.

That's also one of the reasons why I'm not going to buy those unwide angle ultra/superzooms.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:30 PM   #12

Ok, i read something about this in dpreview forum also and decided that a wide angel lens with pol filter is not a good idea...
xedrox is offline   Reply With Quote