Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Mar 22, 2006, 6:30 PM   #1

I'm looking to add a macro lens to my S1. I have the Canon LA-DC52E adaptor for the DC52B teleconvertor, but am looking at the Lensmate adaptor. Unfortunately, the more I read about the various lenses, the more confused I get. I am a newbie to photography and am easily confused by the lingo. Anyway, my question is...

What macro lens is considered the best or very good for the S1? I know this is a very general question, but at this point it's the best I can do. The reason for the lens is to take up close photos of various small electronics to sell online/eBay. I willalso use it forother (more enjoyable) photopurposes, but for now, that is the purpose. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.Thank you for your time....Jack

PS...I'm not overly excited about the Canon teleconverter, so any inforegarding other lenses would be appreciated also.Thanks again.
pegleg618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2006, 3:33 PM   #2

I bought a Raynox DCR-250 last year and have a single macro photo album on my website. Although I have more pictures not yet uploaded.

You would find it here: http://www.blueskypilot.dk/photos.html

I bought the lens together with a Lensmate adapter and it works great.

It takes a while to find the best camera settings if you are new to macro photography but the fun increases everytime you use it and your skills improve.

To answer your question fully I don't really see, why you would use a macro lens to shoot pictures of electronics etc. The S1 itself does a fine job without the macro lens, it just takes a bit patience to do it!

I attach a couple of pictures to show the close up capabilities of the S1 IS.

I hope you find it useful!?
Attached Images
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote