Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old May 24, 2006, 4:41 PM   #1

I have a konica/minolta z3, and im pretty happy with it, but i would be even more happy if it had more zoom, and more wide angle.

So i started to look at ebay, first I found a kit produced by some firm called "merkury optics" but by searching this forum i can see that i deffently not need that kit.

But what brand should i then buy? Im not looking for anything proffesional, but just something that matches the z3 and doesnt mess up the pictures to much.

Can I actually use more zoom? the z3 has 12x zoom (420 mm) if i get a 2x tele, ill have 840 mm, but is it possible to keep it still by hand? Wont it demand a hole lot of light?

CruelIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2006, 5:50 AM   #2

Check out the Raynox site for Z3 compatible add-ons

They seem to have a very impressive selection. But make sure you have a METAL extension tube to fit on your camera as these lenses are heavy!

Also be aware that the wide angle adaptersturn your soom to aFIXED lens. You set your camera to maximum wide angle, and MACRO setting, and that's it - the angle you see is the angle you get.You don't have a zoom facility. For that you have to take the adapter off.

Fot tele work you will certainly need a tripod, or be able to rest the camera on something as shake is sure to be a problem evenwith the highest shutter speed.

Hope this helps.

maxpixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2006, 11:34 AM   #3

Thank you Max. That was very helpfull. Ill go find a raynox lens
CruelIO is offline   Reply With Quote