Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Oct 20, 2006, 4:22 PM   #1

Been trying to get a decent shot of "The Best Cat in the Whole Wide World" otherwise known as Carmel & thought this one would do. Hope you like!

Attached Images
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2006, 5:27 PM   #2

Awww-that looks like someone furry feels very comfy. When they "turn their palms inward", (cats are literally walking on their tiptoes, I think), is only when they feel very, very safe and sheltered and relaxed. So you got the right moment. As a little detail-you might have considered to turn down exposure a little, the spot of light on the fur has taken all detail, that would not have happened if you would have reduced exposure by maybe 2/3s. But the Kitty is still beautifull, none the less.

I have the problem that the cats tend to run in my direction when I try to take pictures of them outdoors. "Hm, he has this nice little humming box in his hand, and it does have some very interesting looking glass on its frontside. He seems to be looking concentrated in my direction, I should be very polite, set my tail to straight upeward and run to him, maybe he likes to play a little...". That is the point when they outrun the autofocus and I start swearing under my breath...no counting how many good pictures were ruined by that polite "I greet that big clumsy tomcat that brings the interesting italian/austrian/newly found food when he visits!" routine. Oh Boy.

Keep `em going, brightens my day a little each time i see a furry companion.

RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 10:31 PM   #3

what is it about cats sleeping in the sun?
matthew2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote