Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Jan 27, 2007, 3:02 AM   #1

I'm still trying to learn photoshop and all (even some!) of its tools. Here are a couple of pictures of two of my three dogs. One is a K9, the other is just, well, a canine!

The first one is Donna. She is a Belgian Malinois. It is Belgium's version of a Shepherd. Their drive and intensity are through the roof. Her speed is incredible. I wish I would have gotten her in the frame more, but I was happy with what I got. I tried to make theimage kind of rough, harsh in a way. I forget how I evenended up with what I got, but I like the look.

This is Ruger. He is 9 years old and just about deaf. He may be a senior citizen in doggie years, but he is still young at heart. Looking at it now, I think I could have darkened it a bit, but I like how washed out the background is....

CC welcome....I'm still totally new to my XTi and photoshop and use this forum as my learning guide.
MikeI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2007, 3:19 PM   #2

I really like the photo of Ruger - he is very handsome! Too bad his ear and jowl didn't make it into the frame.

If you want to leave the background and play with your subject, you can mask the area using Photoshop's freehand mask tool - this is especially good for selectively applying unsharp mask. You can also use the dodge/burn tool for selectively darkening/brightening areas of your photo.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote