Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old May 5, 2007, 12:39 PM   #1

ktrjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2007, 3:18 AM   #2

I own a NikonD80 at present as my main camera. Just before I bought the D80, I bought a Fuji S6000 (I take it by your "Location" you have one)... I actually bought the S6000 to replace a slightly aging pocket camera I had for a couple of years.

Looking back, I was expecting huge differences between the S6000 and the D80. Now we all know that on paper the D80 is far superior,, but that's on paper. In all fairness, the D80 'IS' a more advanced camera butI was, and still am, amazed at the pictures the S6000 is capable of taking... As a point 'n' shoot camera it outdoes the D80 by some. I know the D80 is not really made specifically for this type of photo shoots,but I like to get on the spot action photos and I can thoroughly recommend an S6000 or the S6500 (exactly the same camera, onlysold in different parts of the world) if you want a real easy to use camera. Fujifilm really got their act together with this camera...

As per its original design I think I can add - On Auto setting...

The S6000 can takepretty good "average" photos with the ability to fine tune them.

The D80 can take pretty average "good" photos with the ability to really fine tune them but there is so much adjustment that it may overwhelm an average user - like me...

Your second picture is FANTASTIC...
fewpics is offline   Reply With Quote