Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Sep 15, 2003, 1:18 PM   #1
Default My first post here - and one of my pics

Hi. This is my first visit here to Steve's forums, although I've visited the site before.

I have spent more time than you would believe sorting through some of the 185,000 photos that I have taken in the last 14 months and have put lots of them up for you to see on PBase. I hope you will enjoy them.

Most of the photos are of my Pomeranian pups:

Here are some sample pics:

Puppypics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2003, 1:25 PM   #2
Default Just testing

I though I'd try and see if I can get an image to actually show up in the post:

Does this forum only allow you to hot link to one photo per post?
Old Sep 15, 2003, 5:28 PM   #3

Cute dogs!

Maaan when I saw those dogs in the water and in the sand all I could think was; "That's gonna be a hell of a lot of combing!!!" :lol:
MichaelE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2003, 8:18 PM   #4

re: hotlinking photos.
You can link to more than one photo per post. I think you forget to add the jpg at the end of your second pic.

Here it is

jazcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2003, 8:43 PM   #5

Those are cute!

How come you have a chichlid in a bucket of water?
Gimli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2003, 10:49 PM   #6

I believe that's a sun fish. A very nice one at that.
Tbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2003, 10:54 PM   #7
Default Hi everyone, thanks for your comments

Tracey: Right you are about the .jpg extension. I didn't even think of right-clicking on the little red x try to figure out if I missed something.

Which reminds me of a question I had when I was looking at other people's photos. Many of the pictures were not visible to me, and just showed up as little red x's. Are the photos not visible to some viewers? Might their server be busy, or what?

Gimli: That's a Chichild? It wasn't my fish. I was walking my dogs in High Park in Toronto, and there is a small lake that I believe is artificially stocked with fish and one of my dogs, whose name, by the way, is "Sushi," took quite an interest in what one fisherman had caught.

I get rather nervous when my dogs start sniffing around the area where guys are fishing because they often have who knows what kind of bait lying around. I picture one of my little "vaccums" grabbing something tasty that just happens to have a hook embedded in it and then running off in pain when the hook "bites."

Now if you have a really black sense of humour you might even get a chuckle out of picturing some guy "catching" one of my dogs and straining with a bent fishing rod to keep the little "dog-fish" from getting away.

I've taken to asking fishermen to be conscious of the location of their hooks as the dogs approach, because I think most people are totally clueless to the risk their pointed little barbs present.

Michael: If you think the beach makes the dogs dirty - did you see any of the photos from my "Moore Park Ravine" galleries? There is a "swamp" full of totally black mud that my dogs "discovered" one day. (To tell you the truth, I had so much fun with the photos that I've gone back there a couple of times. BUT THE MESS ! ! )

Here are two of the pictures:

One of the galleries is: http://www.pbase.com/billmcintyre/n22

Yes. Sometimes I have a whole lot of dog-bathing and brushing to do. I breed the little critters, and sometimes I have up to a dozen running through the park with me. When it comes time to put them in the bathtub and all the work to make the "house-safe" again I often find the hours of work almost "puts my back out."
Old Sep 17, 2003, 10:32 AM   #8

That first pic (in the last two)....oh, I haven't laughed like that in awhile. Very nice picture. Tells a good story.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2003, 12:20 PM   #9

All of them are cute, but the first of the muddy pics is one of the funniest dog pics I've ever seen. A great 'personality' shot IMHO.
Norm66 is offline   Reply With Quote