Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Dec 23, 2003, 10:31 PM   #1
Default My First Pics

I have always wanted to learn more about photography but have not had the time in the past, always point and shoot. I finally decided on the Fuji Finpix s5000 to start with. Here are my first pictures taken with it.

Our Lab Madison

Our Boxer Max

It has been horrible because I have been working late and the weather is horrible so I have not had a chance to get to play with all the features. Hopefully this weekend I can get some good pics.
doggroups is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2003, 7:38 PM   #2

Ok you want a tip . There is a big difference between a " snap shot" and a photograph. And I have found that the background has a lot to do with it, Now as an action Photographer of animals I know this can be difficult But You Must ALLWAYS be aware of it. So look at the Lab Pic: I love it except For the Distractions in the Background To me it is a "snap shot" and that is OK but it is not apealing as a Photograph your composition is great. Lighting ok (and speaking of lighting Play with it, you don't need expensive lighting set ups to achive great lighting) some of my shots Have been achieved with $7.00 lights purchased at a hardware store. The Boxer to close, and to me, Just my opinion he looks dead Maybe with the short nose boxers have the Depth of field is not right, angle? I dunno try again and resubmit. I can see you have a lot of talent and I would like to see more of your work. I Can remember way back, when I started with shots like these, and a friendly Photographer helped me. the rest is history. So keep it up and learn , read, ask, and , practice, Good Luck
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2003, 8:03 AM   #3

cowboy43, thank you for the tips! I really do appreciate it. This is my first venture into photography and it is something I always have wanted to learn more about but never really had the time.

I love the definition of snap shots and photographs. I look forward to talking with you soon.
doggroups is offline   Reply With Quote