Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Mar 22, 2013, 7:00 AM   #1
Default Amazing Little Girls

These little girls, Ribbon and Dot, have helped my wife Melissa out so much! A little over 3 years ago when we got together, I told Melissa about how I had pet rats since 1999. I had lost my last rats not long before that (Peaches and Cream). I finally talked her into getting two more baby rats, Tweeker and Weezy. Melissa fell in love with them and they became our best friends in no time and were out with us every night running around on the couch! That was a little over three years ago. We lost Weezy in late November and Tweeker a while before that. The only bad thing about rats is that they only live around two years. On new years day Melissa had to be taken to the hospital for what we thought was just a case of bad vertigo. We found out about a week later that she had what the drs thought was a brain tumor. Since then we've learned that it doesn't seem to be a tumor, cancer or MS. Whatever it is, it's shrinking and the symptoms are going away slowly. Melissa missed the rats so much...She really wanted to get two more to keep her company while she's out of work. I wasn't so sure she could keep up with two baby rats since her balance was still off, but she talked me into it! Meet Ribbon and Dot...They have made Melissa so happy since we brought them home in mid February! I swear they are a big part of Melissa getting better...
Attached Images
Macro Guy Here-Nikon D7100-D90-Tamron 90mm-Tamron 17-50mm 2.8(non stabilized)-Nikon 35mm 1.8G, 50mm 1.4D- Nikon 70-300mmVR-Nikon 18-105mmVR-Lensbaby Composer-Nikon SB600(x2)&SB700

Last edited by shutterbug1076; Mar 22, 2013 at 7:03 AM.
shutterbug1076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:17 PM   #2

I'm certainly happy Melissa will be getting better. There can be a great benefit to health and healing from the close association with a pet or pets. They have a calming effect and can lower blood pressure as well as stress levels. Good luck to her and God bless.
Always use tasteful words - you may have to eat them.
You cannot find knowledge by rearranging your ignorance.

My Flickr

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:16 PM   #3

Hi Ribbon, Hi Dot - I hope you and your fab whiskers are enjoying your new home. Make sure you take good care of Melissa
Keep Snapping I my FZ45 & my Canon 600D
DyaneG is offline   Reply With Quote