Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Feb 15, 2004, 11:38 PM   #1
Default Snowball's Eyes

Can you guess why his name is Snowball??

I had a terrible time getting this shot - His eyes were so fast he would blink from the flash going off before the picture was taken! So every shot I have with the flash his eyes are almost shut. Finally figured out to use timer mode(without flash :idea - the beeping got his attention and got him to open those eyes a bit more.

lennon_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2004, 8:51 AM   #2

Cats are total pills to photograph, so I want you to know that I understand precisely what you went through to get this photo. Here are the things you could have wished for: (1) that you hadn't been quite so close that you lopped off part of an ear; (2) that there hadn't been a shelf in the background; and (3) that there hadn't been a person lying down on the left and pulling attention away from the subject.

On the plus side are that you figured out how to capture the eyes, your focus is perfect, and you metered very well.

A few months ago, I took a good 40 photos of a cat with very similar coloring, a cat who was contrary beyond all good sense. Not a single one of those photos deserved anything but deletion.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote