Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Dec 6, 2006, 4:28 PM   #1

Some find himgenious, some vicious... Well, I don't find him a flat characted to be labelled right away! Meanwhile, I must say Oliver Stone's Alexander the Great was a sad disappointment for me : ( Ah, weadmire him in Anatolia andcall him ─░skender, whichis aproper nameto survivein society
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2006, 11:27 PM   #2

In my childhood, I used to watch "Professional Wrestling", which was completely staged, and not true wrestling. One of the popular wrestlers was an Egyptian, who went by the name of "Skandor Akbar." Only later, did I learn what the name meant.

The statue seems to present the usual interpretation of Alexander, brilliant, ruthless, and driven. A man of considerable courage and leadership, who knows what the world would be like if he had not died so young?

When his army finally refused to go any farther east, would he have then turned to Italy and Iberia and Gaul?

The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 3:34 AM   #3

Quote:
In my childhood, I used to watch "Professional Wrestling", which was completely staged, and not true wrestling.
:GAh, from time to time I still do to laughat the narrators' commentary!!
Quote:
One of the popular wrestlers was an Egyptian, who went by the name of "Skandor Akbar."
That's interesting!Eh,being their pharaoh, he was considered a God in Egypt, wasn't he?
Quote:
When his army finally refused to go any farther east, would he have then turned to Italy and Iberia and Gaul?
Hadn't he died in Babylon at the age of 33, still he would have!!

Quote:
The statue seems to present the usual interpretation of Alexander, brilliant, ruthless, and driven.
After all, he really earned his title Great in Anatolia fighting his most decisive battles of Granicus and Issus...

Again, thank you so much for your erudite feedback, Barbarian.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 7:19 PM   #4

How timely! I just watched a 3 hour documentary on him this week! Nice shot Bahadir!
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 3:30 PM   #5

GoCubs wrote:
Quote:
How timely! I just watched a 3 hour documentary on him this week! Nice shot Bahadir!
Glad I was right on time I'd also recommend Valerio Massimo Manfredi's historical novel on him, consisting 3 volumes