Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Dec 22, 2006, 10:25 AM   #11

At first I was bothered by the lighting in the first shot. But after thinking about the subject matter I think it's perfect. The anguished mother is cast into shadow while the sun continues to shine just beyond her reach.
bill.guenthner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2006, 11:02 AM   #12

DONNA Wrote ...and Barbara, Here's wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and Blessings in the New Year! Hope Santa is real good to you. donna

Thanks Donna - you have a great holiday too. Hope all your wishes and dreams are fulfilled many times over! :-D

BILL WROTE - At first I was bothered by the lighting in the first shot. But after thinking about the subject matter I think it's perfect. The anguished mother is cast into shadow while the sun continues to shine just beyond her reach.

What a beautiful interpretation of the lights and shadows. I just love it. It's funny that, especially in winter, the weeping Mother is never in full sun because the buildings surround her and she never is able to get fully into the sun. But I've seen the sun shining on the lamp that she holds up and one day I will capture that. THank you so much for seeing and putting into words what I hadn't seen myself.

MsPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2006, 2:19 PM   #13

The 1st shot could use some greater contrast. Maybe the shadows on the subject make it stand out less.

I like #2 for the architecture, and #3 for the exposure. Those are nice.
cgl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2006, 7:12 PM   #14

cgl88 wrote:
Quote:
The 1st shot could use some greater contrast. Maybe the shadows on the subject make it stand out less.

I like #2 for the architecture, and #3 for the exposure. Those are nice.
Thanks for your appraisal and for taking the time to respond. I do want to work on the weeping Mother - not this particular photo - I will be back there to try again and I will keep your thoughts in mind.
MsPuck is offline   Reply With Quote