Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Jan 13, 2007, 11:18 PM   #1

Three posts today; here, landscape and wildlife - with my new D200. It's so full of bells and whistles, I will be truly an old lady before I master it. All comments and suggetions will be most welcome as I learn.
Attached Images

MsPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2007, 11:13 AM   #2

Appealingstone architecture...and nice framing of branches. I also liked the characteristic tree in front of the tower If only it had been placed alittle bit to the righthandside toaccompany the edifice rather than tending to obstruct it.You mayas wellusethe Highlight tool at the PS for the background sky.

Btw,while there's the D40for the enthusiast or the D80 even for the pro, D200 sounds like an overkill for the most!! Anyway, enjoyyour ultimate photographing machine Ah, I should alsosay that the ones who deal with any branch of art does not truely become old ; )

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:54 PM   #3

Thanks so much for the suggestions - I will try another shot (on a non-rainy day) and see if I can get the tree to move to the right a little (they are stubborn trees and don't listen to instruction).... Oh - move ME....

I got a great deal on this camera and yes, I agree, it's overkill. But perhaps I will be the Grandma Moses of photography and discover my calling at age 65 once I've mastered this beast.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 6:18 AM   #4

Really nice shot, curious though what lens were you using with the d200
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 9:24 PM   #5

Using the only one I have - AF-S Nikkor 18-200. The biggest problem I am having is keeping it steady when hand held - many of my shots are blurry. I prefer the spontaneity of hand-held. The camera just feels so HEAVY compared to my old one!
Old Feb 6, 2007, 9:36 AM   #6

Good morning! Congratulations on your new camera, I am envious of that 18-200 lens, I dream of getting that someday! I agree with the others on the tree, I hope you will share more of this tower and the Valley Forge area!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote