Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Mar 4, 2007, 11:47 AM   #11

DearBarbarian!

I very much appreciated your tasteful contribution bringing an eye pleasing detail from a theaterbuilt ca 1970 AD: ) Interestingly,a few days ago, I was just comparing the fate of the newly built theaters, which is, being demolished some day for bigger ones, with that of the ancient ones which would remain for centuries to come!

Quote:
I have never seen one from the actor's point of view before. You avoided the cliche', for a well-composed and nicely exposed shot.
Thank you so muchfor your kind appreciation : ) When I visit an ancient site like this, I feel as if something just takes the control and makes merun, lie down and creep with my camera in my hand :G

Quote:
It's hard to do a good scan of slides, without blowing out the highlights. This was very well done. Kodachrome? Ektachrome? Agfa?
I would mostly use Kodachrome in my slide and negative days...Ah, after every 36 poses it was an exciting experience to wait a few daysto see the endresult : ) Btw, I also remember how I analized the flatbed photo scanners reviews and got paralized a few years ago!! In the end I had my slides scanned by the local photo shop :-)I would still appreciate if someone can give me some first hand advice for a decent photo flatbed scanner!
Quote:
Idon'tthink a camera is old, unless it's older than I am, so that one doesn't qualify

Btw, mine is a Yashica Lynx-14Ewhose 1:1.4 lensIam desperately missing on my modern digicams :!:
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 11:55 AM   #12

alex james wrote:
Quote:
hi bahadir, great image, a camera 40 year old you say, wow hope mine lasts that long.
Sir Alex James, so glad to see you're here as well!

This is thekind of passion whichshould pass on one'sson (eh, sometimes the daughter!!, as in your case..) as well as the camera itself, I believe:-)
Old Mar 13, 2007, 9:49 AM   #13

Good set of photos! Thanx for sharing

Andrew
shaggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2007, 7:08 AM   #14

Quote:
Good set of photos! Thanx for sharing
Thanx, Andrew...andI amhumbled byyour set of compliments : )