Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Mar 5, 2007, 1:51 PM   #11

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Thanks, emre

So you actually saw one... Fun...

Of course one can always do some lens correction in PhotoShop or other software. Interesting (but not surprising of sourse) that there is/has been a functioning hardware solution.

When I went through my architectural folders the other day I noticed that the pictures with a slight barrel distorsion often, but absolute not always, were more "appealing" so I imported some of the straight line pictures into PS and gave them a little barrel distortion. In some cases that gave quite a pleasing effect.

Well, I have to read some more art history, especially theory of perspective, or what it might be called

Thanks

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2007, 3:21 AM   #12
eu

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
Of course one can always do some lens correction in PhotoShop or other software. Interesting (but not surprising of sourse) that there is/has been a functioning hardware solution.
Torgny,

Making adjustments on software side is only possible in pixel based distortions. While stretching or contracting an area, an interpolation is always in use which kills or produces some pixels. In hardware side the distortion is achieved optically. IMO it is like the difference between optical and digital zooming.

Of course, if quality in perspective correction does not matter to pay thousands dollars for hardware, software will serve well.

emre
eu is offline   Reply With Quote