Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 11, 2007, 8:38 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 125
Default
























This only half the photo's I tookt his eveing. the rest are still on photobucket




Derek034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2007, 2:01 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

Is that an old hospital or what, i take it sick people don't go there anymore am i right? i also have the Xti and it is a wonderful camera where do you have your picture style set to.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 2:15 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 125
Default

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Is that an old hospital or what, i take it sick people don't go there anymore am i right? i also have the Xti and it is a wonderful camera where do you have your picture style set to.
I have it set to faithful and this was more of an asylum way back in the 1800's and it's very haunted.
Derek034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 4:00 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

Good subject, but why 1600 iso on sunlit scenes :?

the lower the iso the finer the grain in the photo :idea:
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 4:25 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 125
Default

musket wrote:
Quote:
Good subject, but why 1600 iso on sunlit scenes :?

the lower the iso the finer the grain in the photo :idea:
WOW how did you guess I was using iso 1600? and what do you suggest the normal 400?
Derek034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 4:58 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

Derek034 wrote:

Quote:
WOW how did you guess I was using iso 1600? and what do you suggest the normal 400?
I downloaded a few of your photo's and read the exif on them.

always use the lowest iso possible for bright daylight scenes,I think

100 iso is the lowest for the rebel, if there is a lot of shade also in the

scenethen maybe 200 iso,what is then needed is a steady

hand or some way to steady the cam before shooting.......musket

musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 5:41 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 125
Default

Ok thank you musket. and I thought I did hold the camera pretty? I held it against my chest like I'm suppose to.
Derek034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 8:30 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

Ha ha!! Welli thought I might look in youtube to see if

I could find a video that might be of help. I came across

this one, it wasn't much help, but it was a good video :-)



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWrGcZ98zhg



I am trying to picture how you could look through the

viewfinder and hold the camera against your chest

and the mind boggles :?....:-)....if yousupport the camera

barrel with your left hand and grip the camera with your

right hand pressing your elbows tight against your side

looking in the viewfinder to frame the scene then breath

out slowly and at the end of your breath slowly press the

the shutter release button.....that usually works for me

PS i think 400 iso might be ok if there is a lot of movement

in the scene................musket

musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 9:33 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 125
Default

musket wrote:
Quote:
Ha ha!! Welli thought I might look in youtube to see if

I could find a video that might be of help. I came across

this one, it wasn't much help, but it was a good video :-)



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWrGcZ98zhg



I am trying to picture how you could look through the

viewfinder and hold the camera against your chest

and the mind boggles :?....:-)....if yousupport the camera

barrel with your left hand and grip the camera with your

right hand pressing your elbows tight against your side

looking in the viewfinder to frame the scene then breath

out slowly and at the end of your breath slowly press the

the shutter release button.....that usually works for me

PS i think 400 iso might be ok if there is a lot of movement

in the scene................musket
True true and I mean I hold my arms close to my chest and then eyep peice up to my eye and I go from there. Also I played with the camera a bit more and the iso speed of 100 is really awsome.
Derek034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2007, 7:36 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,288
Default

Hello Derek and welcome to the forum. I noticed on your exif info that your flash is firing on these as well, turn the flash off and use ISO 100 and your camera will take some amazing photos. I would love to see more photos of this old place.

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:15 AM.