Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 28, 2007, 10:19 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
JDar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 956
Default

Learning from your photographs and the article about the Lydian coin was a treat.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 12:55 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Very nice article, isn't that something that coins could cost so much, that to me is amazing, now if only i could find some ....
So that the coin would worth its price andits owner wouldn't feel cheated! Ah these were the times before Adam Smith:-)
Quote:
oh you stated that you like castles well about 10 klm from my house is the Mystra Castle i will be taking my camera up there next week
That would be a treat of course!

Speaking of castles, I must sayI've been quite interested in the citadels of Mycenaeattributed as 'cyclopean masonry' due to the huge stone blocks which were thought to have put one over another by the one eyed giants (Cyclopes)!! I think these outer city walls arenot so far away from where you live

.................................................. .................

Jdar wrote:

Quote:
Learning from your photographs and the article about the Lydian coin was a treat.
Your heartily comments are worthy of appreciation!

Ah, they say youintroduce things which you need to learn the most : )













bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 2:50 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,427
Default

Hello bahadir, I must have missed these,they are very nice shots great light, very good exposure.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 4:24 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
bill43210's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 933
Default

Great shots and a free history lesson included, i really enjoy history, thanks bahadir
bill43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 5:59 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Very nice article, isn't that something that coins could cost so much, that to me is amazing, now if only i could find some ....
So that the coin would worth its price andits owner wouldn't feel cheated! Ah these were the times before Adam Smith:-)
Quote:
oh you stated that you like castles well about 10 klm from my house is the Mystra Castle i will be taking my camera up there next week
That would be a treat of course!

Speaking of castles, I must sayI've been quite interested in the citadels of Mycenaeattributed as 'cyclopean masonry' due to the huge stone blocks which were thought to have put one over another by the one eyed giants (Cyclopes)!! I think these outer city walls arenot so far away from where you live
Yes it's only 1 hour drive from Sparta, i thought i posted pictures of them,, well back to my picture cd's
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 5:21 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default



@ alex: Whenever you may arrive, you are always timely my friend

.................................................. ..........................

@ bill: Thanks forthe credits! Your interest in history is also distinct in your replies to some other posts. As I mentioned above I introduce things which I need to learn the most!

.................................................. .......................

@ Hercules: I have already seen them! Thank you for granting my wish
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 7:11 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
The Barbarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,255
Default

Nothing quite takes the place of seeing things like this, for understanding. I'm thinking what an odd juxtaposition of buildings that must be.

Given thefeelings of HellenisticJews about the human body, I would imagine that one would perhaps be familiar with one side or the other, but not both.




The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 6:20 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

That's a good point Barbarian!

Roman culture took over the hellenistic values praising, especially, male nakedness! Actually regarding the general 'flesh and spirit' dualism of monotheistic religions, Gymnasium might not be a very decent neighbour : )

Controversially, wasn't the body consideredastempleof the HolySpirit !
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 6:57 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
The Barbarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,255
Default

Still is, among people of my faith. We're expected to take care of our bodies, as we would a temple. Not all of us do very well with that. I'm trying.




The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2007, 9:52 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

The Barbarian wrote:
Quote:
Still is, among people of my faith. We're expected to take care of our bodies, as we would a temple. Not all of us do very well with that. I'm trying.
That's what I'd expect of you, Barbarian!

Perhapsdark beer (more appropriate forthe Celt than thelight!)couldhelp, like waterhardens thesteel: )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:58 PM.