Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Aug 29, 2007, 7:48 AM   #1
Lan

Hi all,

Late one night walking through my city I shot what I could only describe as wierd art, my city is trying to become arty and go to no ends in purchasing wierd, arty things that cost more than an average house and decide to stick it in the middle of the city for public display. So I took advantage of it. This is one of my shots.

Lan
Attached Images

Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2007, 8:07 AM   #2

Hi Lan,
It sounds like a big waste of tax payers money, buying all this so-called "art" for "visual appeal". Interesting photo nevertheless. I have also heard stories about Brisbane trying to transform into an artistic/creative city. It's a nice sentiment but unfortunately it doesn't add much economic value to this country, perphaps social value, if you like. The Queensland Govt must have a hefty surplus if they are going out an a spending spree paying top dollars for tasteless and ugly artwork.

Business, business, business - just like how it is here in Sydney, good for our economy.

jmp1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 4:48 PM   #3
Lan

Hi jmp1987,

So true, up here our hospital system is great, roads are excellent, our dams are full and pigs fly backwards.

Lan

Thanks for the comment.
Lan is offline   Reply With Quote