Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Dec 24, 2007, 5:52 PM   #11

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

musket wrote:
Quote:
Really nice low light scenes, also showing the f31fd has a lot to contribute

as well as the D30.............................musket.
Thank you, musket.

This is a time for children. Let´s not misuse their strong innate trust

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 2:50 AM   #12

Yes it is a time for the children, nice shots
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2007, 7:24 AM   #13

Revisiting yourpictureson thisNew Year's Eve, Isomehow remembered "The Little Match Girl" by Hans Christian Andersen...

Wish you a happy one : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2007, 9:54 AM   #14

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Yes it is a time for the children, nice shots
Thank you, hercules, for viewing and commenting. And thanks for the fruitful exchange during the past year

Torgny

Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:06 AM   #15

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Revisiting yourpictureson thisNew Year's Eve, Isomehow remembered "The Little Match Girl" by Hans Christian Andersen...

Wish you a happy one : )
Thanks. That´s the best review this little series could get. I put quite some work into it.

Yes, H C Andersen was an outsider too. Very sentimental. He was not the best looking man but fell in love with a swedish singer, Jenny Lind, without any hope of really creating a relation

There was one thing he was sure of though and that was his extra ordinary litterary abilities

Same to you, and thanks for the exchange during the past year

Torgny

PS The little story is called "Flickan med svavelstickorna" in swedish, it should be similar in Danish

Old Jan 5, 2008, 8:53 AM   #16

In my small town, where I grew up, there were shops that had windows like that at Christmas. Your pictures are wonderful reminders, thank you very much. These are shots that evoke feelings, rather than accessible memories for me.

Beautiful and almost spiritual photographs. Thank you.

The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2008, 1:55 PM   #17

The Barbarian wrote:
Quote:
In my small town, where I grew up, there were shops that had windows like that at Christmas. Your pictures are wonderful reminders, thank you very much. These are shots that evoke feelings, rather than accessible memories for me.

Beautiful and almost spiritual photographs. Thank you.

The district Haga is an old proletarian living area from the 19th century. It was renovated all through 1980. Houses, streets, everything. There was a radical cultural elite lobbying and working for preservation. They got their will. Political climate was that way at the time.

We lost the struggle and the neo-liberals came into power but the decisions were already made. The good must arm itself.

Few "common workers" can afford living there now

I am very happy that these pictures evoke your feelings, whether they are religious or otherwise sentimental.

Those childhood impressions are very strong and valuable. Some of them are easily accessed, others take part in creating the referencial framework of our lifes

Of all the senses the smell is the strongest, going deep into the reptile brain. Personally I remember the smells (scents) of apples, candle light smoke, ginger cookies.

If you build yourself a smell (scent?) organ (the instrument) and bring out the notes to play the "music" you can evoke further memories

Late but I wish you another, I hope, pleasant travel around the sun

Torgny

Sorry, my english doesn´t really suffice for these subjects

Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:13 PM   #18

All good shots but the second one is my favorite one of the set. Like the look on the faces looking at the old time dolls.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2008, 12:57 PM   #19

Calicajun wrote:
Quote:
All good shots but the second one is my favorite one of the set. Like the look on the faces looking at the old time dolls.
Thanks, Calicajun. That look on the face made me post these pictures. The second picture, as well as some of the others, was taken in low light with a point and shoot camera but I have tried to make an acceptable heavy crop/blow up

You might also notice the cute little left hand

Torgny

Attached Images

Old Jan 9, 2008, 10:39 PM   #20

She looks so excited that she is holding onto her seat and hat to keep them from getting away.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote