Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Jul 2, 2008, 5:49 AM   #1

Hi guys,

I though my good friend Bahadir would appreciate this shot. Another one from my Venice trip. (Bahadir...more churches to follow)

Any feedback more than welcome.

Read about this shot and others at my photoblog:

http://www.imagespike.wordpress.com
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2008, 4:59 PM   #2

longside1 wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys,

I though my good friend Bahadir would appreciate this shot. Another one from my Venice trip. (Bahadir...more churches to follow)
Dear Matt, that's very kind of youmaking a present toyour good friend In fact I do appreciateyour subjectenough to start a post doctorate on Byzantine art next year:-)

So, that's the St Mark's Basilica! Very good photo (considering especially the difficult and riskyshooting condition there ) doing justice to its dazzling mosaics and great architecture

Btw, reading your enjoyable narration at imagespike I gave a big laughter upon readingyour statement below:lol:
Quote:
I'm sure that they have a genuine reason for banning all cameras…maybe the almighty is camera shy??
Hope you can come over here my friend to shoot its elder brother in Istanbul, Hagia Sophia,built to be the largestchurchof its time by Justinianus, and which remained the largest for another 1000 years! Oh, btw,I wishyou don't mind my adding a photo I shot there a few years ago, just out ofmy excitement: )

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 6:39 PM   #3

What gorgeous churches. I do not remember seeing any as beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2008, 2:50 AM   #4

Hi Bahadir,

I thought you would appreciate this shot! I too appreciate good history, having done a history major in my undergraduate degree, you will have to keep me posted on the development of your doctorate thesis, I'm quite confident that it will be a fascinating read!

Your shot of the Hagia Sophi looks extremely impressive...the scaffolding itself seems very impressive so the church itself must be incredible itself!

I certainly have Turkey on my list of places to visit, east meets west must make for some spectacular architecture! I just hope reason sees sense and Turkey is included in the EU sometime soon....

@Caryl I'm glad I could share some of the architectural delights of europe with you!...
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2008, 5:09 AM   #5

longside1 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Bahadir,

I thought you would appreciate this shot!
Well...any doubt, my friend??:-)You know, there are also great examples of Byzantine Empire (the second Roman Empire!), thereabouts, in Ravenna, Italy, which you may have also been to:|

I don't think I should waitto startthepost doctorate to have you keep posting ; )Would be delighted to seefurther of your historical pictures and read your accompanyingnarrationI can say, about your undergraduate degree in history, that gifted is the one who starts dealingwith historyat a young age!!

Yea, as you say, 'where east meets west' ...and where the story of architecture in either direction started with the 11000 year-old edifices, which you can shoot on your prospective tripto Anatolia, the land of mother goddess andmother of Europe : )

Cheers!

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote