Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Nov 3, 2003, 1:11 PM   #1

Default Blue house

This shot was taken two days ago in Mostar, Bosnia and Hezegovina. I think nobody lives there anymore. Too bad

zuhdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2003, 1:27 PM   #2

From the looks of your photo, Zuhdo, it looks like some kind of fire/smoke residue on the upper left side of each of the arches. If thats the case, that would explain why no-one lives there. It's a shame too, looks like a decent house.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2003, 1:57 PM   #3

It's very possible that inside of the house was burned due to extensive war destruction (as you can notice on adjacent building on the picture below). In just couple of meters from this house, the famous Mostar Old Bridge was standing and was taken down by bosian croat artillery fire, despite being protwected UNESCO monument. Tank missile destroyed the arch, more than 500 years old, the most beautiful one in this part of the world.

Archeologists were taking out original stones from he river below and now the bridge is under restoration, hopefully it will be finished in feqw months from now.

Anyway, the bridge is the story for itself, I'll be posting some pictures of it tommorow, along with very interesting historical facts about it.

Cheers,
Zuhdo

Old Nov 3, 2003, 6:54 PM   #4

Both of your photos are excellent, but I really love the second one. What do you think about removing the car from the second one?

--Barbara
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2003, 7:11 PM   #5

I like the second best too.

Don't remove the car! . The car gives contrast. A shiny BMW (looks like a BMW 5-series two generations old) in the midst of ruins. Opens up for question. Who drives a BMW in that area? Is it the authorities? The photographer? Why is it there? And so on. And it's not too obvious that it's there either. That's good too .
LCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2003, 7:16 PM   #6

Well, gee, it just looked like the top of a car to me! But then, I can't find my own car in a parking lot because all I really know about it is that it's silver just like a lot of the other cars.

--Barbara
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2003, 2:41 AM   #7

Barbara thank you very much, I really appreciate your comments
I'm just begginer now, got myself Oly C-5050 and now experimenting
LCohen, I never thought this car could bring so much intrigue I don't know who owns it. And yes its old BMW series 3.

Before I got my camera I saw a remarkable scene here in Sarajevo - brand new, latest generation BMW 5, nice and clean parked on some muddy road in front of totally destroyed building. Such a contrast. That picture would be amazing story without the words.

Again, thank you for your comments friends.
Ciao
Zuhdo
Old Nov 4, 2003, 3:45 AM   #8

A 3-series? Are you sure? Absolutely sure? Did you see the series-tag at the back?
LCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2003, 4:31 AM   #9

318i actually
Old Nov 4, 2003, 7:26 AM   #10

Zuhdo, like Lcohen stated, Don't remove the car!!!! The beemer gives the photo a mysterious aura (for the lack of a better term) to it, and does open up a ton of questions. The more I look at that photo, the more I love it!!! Especially since I'm a military armour modeler, and dioromas are a major part of my model building. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your photos, Zuhdo. Keep up the great work.

Oh yeah, Barbara, I'm the one with the other silver car in the parking lot that I can't find either. I hate it when that happens! LOL!!
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote