Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Oct 4, 2009, 6:16 PM   #1

Default Playing around with some architectural shots

So I found a really nice spot locally where it was just completely empty on the roof top of the building which overlooks another building.... and since i like taking pictures of high rise buildings I thought what the heck ive got the tripod and camera in my car minus well take some shots.

here a few of my favorites from that day.... what do you guys think?

shot with a canon xti with kit lens

below is my poor attempt at HDR work via photoshop with a grayscale filter... dunno ... something just isnt right about the shot! I suppose its the composition of it... too much grass, not enough house and tree and sky from the top.

And a couple of my car.... well, just because, LOL... nothing special about these shots...

JayStar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2009, 6:22 PM   #2

and oh i just read the instructions for this area of the forum... please just move this thread to the architectural section I suppose instead of critique.... sorry read the rules after for this area/
Old Oct 4, 2009, 6:26 PM   #3
Administrator

No problem. I'll move them there for you.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2009, 4:08 AM   #4

I'm not in anyway an expert. I'm here looking for ways to improve.
I liked your first shot but maybe with less sky and that lamp post kinda looks like a zit on a face.
Number two was interesting as well with a little more tweeking.

As for mustangs....... I grew up a GM fan, but don't want a government building my car. Guess I'll have to look at Ford again.
KeithHorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2009, 2:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithHorn View Post
I'm not in anyway an expert. I'm here looking for ways to improve.
I liked your first shot but maybe with less sky and that lamp post kinda looks like a zit on a face.
Number two was interesting as well with a little more tweeking.

As for mustangs....... I grew up a GM fan, but don't want a government building my car. Guess I'll have to look at Ford again.
yes the lamp post in the first pic is quite the distraction..... but there was just no way to get it out of the shot... i tried several angles.... with my gear itsjust couldn't be done from that rooftop.

as for the car, lol.... i love all cars and vehicles.... dont really have that thing where i dont like a certain brand to be honest.... a nice vehicle is a nice vehicle to me!

thanks for posting though... these were just some random unplanned shots that I tried do my best with that I thought aside from the composition of them came out with some nice color to them.